Sunday, July 8, 2007

Well, I've just arrived at Indiana University for the International Studies Summer Institute. Successful connection of flights in Atlanta, all luggage accounted for, and a nice single dorm room. Things are off to a good start.

I'm excited about getting this blog kicked-off here at the institute. I come into not knowing exactly what to expect, but eager for what lies ahead. About half of the 28 participants are from outside the United States - from places like Georgia, China, Ghana, and Nepal. While we do have private rooms, I am sharing a bathroom with a teacher from Nepal. Having taught about Nepal to 9th grade geography students - and having absolutely no experience with the country or its people - this contact alone will be rewarding.

We meet for dinner in about 30 minutes, so I'll sign off for now. I will try to post daily over the course of my two-weeks in Indiana.

No comments: